Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Snowy


10"x10". Acrylic on Canvas

I loved painting this dog. Her real name is Zoe and she belongs to Mr. Lee A. Brown, who is a great photographer and hosts a painting challenge on his website-A Day Not Wasted.
Painting the photo seemed intimidating and wondered whether I'll be able to do enough justice to the great shot taken by Lee. And then, my husband saw the photo and he loved her instantly and even renamed her as "Snowy". Upon his insistance, I decided to give it a go. I'm pretty happy with the result. I had to force myself to stop as I was getting carried away. I wish I could have captured the glow of her white fur better.


8 comments:

  1. I think you got her fur just right, as well as the rest of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was encouraging. Thanks Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've caught her expression so well Anita,and the fur looks like you can run your fingers through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Anita!It indeed was a difficult challenge but you did extremely well and all justice done to the photo.The best part would be the tongue.Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Azra! It was lovely to go through your art blog. Your passion and commitment towards painting on a daily basis is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the nice comments, Yasha! I liked the tongue best too. :-) I still got to improve on that fur. But am happy it turned out ok, being my first animal painting. It was great going through your blog. You do such amazing paintings! It feels good to come across such talented artists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita,I've noticed you hav'nt been posting for a while,just wondering if you're ok.There's no email to get in touch.Maybe you're busy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Preciosa pintura de este perrito precioso!!!
    Mis felicitaciones.
    SALUDOS.

    ReplyDelete