Monday, July 28, 2014

Morning in the Woods


Acrylic on Canvas, 24"36"

Since a month, painting has been keeping me busy, for a change :-). Got done three of them. One of them was my first commissioned painting, which I shall post later.
I enjoyed painting this scene from a reference photo. Added in the deer and experimented with the foliage.  In my opinion, painting bigger just feels visually better, especially landscapes. This was also a learning experience in terms of adjusting the values. Achieving the right values when there are many colors in the painting is tricky in the beginning. Its easier when you have just two or three colors to play with. 

1 comment:

  1. THANXS FOR SHARING, THE POST IS REALLY INTERESTING AND QUITE INFORMATIVE TOO.
    http://www.canvaspaintingworld.com/

    ReplyDelete